During this workshop we will show you how to prepare gold alloys on your own and how to make basic gemstone and pearl settings. Beside the theory you will tackle various exercises:
- Preparing gold alloys: nickel white gold (using ready-made alloying grain), and palladium white gold (from scratch). You will create base pieces from the prepared alloys that will be used in next exercises. You will be also using silver.
- Setting a cabochon in a bezel,
- Flush setting a gemstone in a flush setting,
- Setting a pearl using glue, or peg and wedge method,
- Setting a round faceted gemstone (optional: square gemstone) in a bezel,
- Creating a round crown setting for a faceted gemstone (optional: a six prong setting),
- Creating a round collet by laying out an arc.
This workshop is intended for 2-4 persons.
Duration: 30 hours in total. 5 days, 6 hours per day (the workshops will be divided into two parts, 3 hours each, with a meal break as follows: 11:00-14:00 and 15:30-18:30)
Price: 515 USD
Next available date: 24-28 November 2014.
All materials are included in the price.
Requirements: Advance silversmithing skills.
Find out more in our FAQ section.